Monday, September 7, 2009

Hubble




My grade school teacher made the best simile of the earth's place in the universe: Get a handful of sand, that is the Milky Way, one speck is the Earth...and the other handfuls in that entire stretch of shore are galaxies.
Lesson learned: I'm so small.

Keep the good old fashioned love letters in a box and keep them coming. Nothing could ever replace that. When I'm old, my fingers would probably be too stiff to revisit my blog or email. A letter is only folded thrice. Growing old is a series of bittersweet looking back and moving on. And now, I guess, the easiest, sweetest way to survive all that is to grow old with the person who's scared to go through all that without you.
Lesson learned: Let's write each other more letters, I'd like that

We recall the loved ones we have lost and the ways they were taken from us. Love takes hostages. You lose the people you care about in the most unexpected ways and nothing is ever the same. I miss my grandma, it's been 13 years now but the feeling never changed.
Lesson learned: Tomorrow is never a promise.

I am taking a break today to celebrate today and celebrate the people I have and have lost. The life that I have and will lose. That it is OK to say that I am nothing and I am totally fine with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this post :) -ange